Incident Commander Level 1
Block 5, Exercise 1: LNO Briefings
Click on Exercise Details (below) for instructions. As the exercise is carried out, each designated LNO will use the form below to create and submit their own LNO Report. When submitted, each report will automatically be sent to that LNO’s email address for later use. LNOs may also be asked to forward that report to other students.
- 3 main points
- GL assigns 3 team members to LNO roles
- GL guides group discussion to uncover details regarding a past incident that each participant is familiar with. Team members to identify key events of each phase of the incident needed for a LNO briefing based on business impact.
- LNO 1 – Opening phase – first 20 minutes of the incident
- LNO 2 – Resolution phase – active resolution effort
- LNO 3 – conclusion phase – once resolution plan is in place and complete resolution is imminent
- Each LNO will formulate a LNO briefing based on the nature of the message to be delivered.
- Each LNO will deliver the message verbally to the breakout group as a practice session for the final brief out to the main session at the conclusion of the breakout room.
- Each LNO to deliver the briefing back to the entire group in the main session at the conclusion of the exercise.
- At the conclusion of each briefing, the lead instructor will open the floor to general questions/comments from all participants.
- Lead instructor will offer comments and feedback to each LNO.