Incident Simulation #2
This is a group exercise. The person leading the exercise should:
- Appoint someone to be responsible for Tactical Documentation. That person will create a timeline, keep time contracts on assignments, and record the summary of key events.
- Appoint someone to be responsible for Communications. That person will brief your breakout room’s findings when you return to the main group.
1. Which personality trait is Paul demonstrating?
2. What effect does Paul’s behavior have on the forward momentum of the incident resolution effort?
3. What tactic should the Incident Commander employ to address the behavior? Engage – Deflect – Ignore
4. Explore and discuss alternative ways to address the behavior if the first tactic does not bring the desired result.