Incident Simulation #7
This is a group exercise. The person leading the exercise should:
- Appoint someone to be responsible for Tactical Documentation. That person will create a timeline, keep time contracts on assignments, and record the summary of key events.
- Appoint someone to be responsible for Communications. That person will brief your breakout room’s findings when you return to the main group.
- Which situation or personality traits are Jim and Nate demonstrating?
- What effect does Jim and Nate’s behavior have on the forward momentum of the incident resolution effort?
- What tactic should the Incident Commander employ to address the behavior? Engage – Deflect – Ignore
- Explore and discuss alternative ways to address the behavior if the first tactic does not bring the desired result.