Company-Specific Command Staff Exercise
The technology incident scenario will be provided to the Incident Commanders.
Missing details may be filled in by the IC and/or other team members.
This is a simulation. You do NOT need to refer to real life logs or other data sources.
Incident Commander (IC)
- Appoint key positions.
- Brief the group on the scenario (CAN).
- Engage your staff.
- Delegate and set time contracts.
- Drive the group toward resolution, integrating information from other team members.
- Deliver an additional CAN report part way through the session.
- Watch the time!
Liaison Officer (LNO)
- Keep your own notes of key actions, decisions and benchmarks so you can deliver briefings when asked.
- Leave the room when requested to provide a CAN report to Unified Command.
- Review Scribe notes or request an update from IC to stay apprised of what happened while you were off the bridge.
- Confirm tasks received
- Report back to the IC on the tasks you are assigned.
- Make up any missing details. You do NOT need to access real life data sources.
- Support the incident resolution effort.
Use the format of your choice to deliver a briefing, outlining your group’s progress toward resolution.
Deliver a briefing using the IMS briefing format. The briefing can be related the beginning, middle or end of the incident.
Screen share your Scribe notes for discussion purposes. Be prepared to submit your document upon request.